Notification and Registration E-mails

bambua

I'm having some problems with only notification and Registration E-mails, it works fine if I do an Email Users from within the ACP, it goes out without issue.

I'm using a google apps account, it's set up for smtp.gmail.com 587 and TLS for the settings.

I know the account works as I'm using the same set up in my mail client and it works fine.

Any ideas what could be causing this? What more debug information do you need to give me a hand with this.

Yeah I'm not getting anything.

We know the mail server is setup correctly since some emails are going out. You will need to examine the mail logs to see what is going on.

Also try disabling your addons to see if that fixes it:

Admin CP -> Home -> List Add-ons -> Disable (in the Control menu for each addon)

Yeah I'm not getting anything.

We know the mail server is setup correctly since some emails are going out. You will need to examine the mail logs to see what is going on.

Also try disabling your addons to see if that fixes it:

Admin CP -> Home -> List Add-ons -> Disable (in the Control menu for each addon)

Yeah I don't have any addons running, it's a pretty vanilla forum really. Does xenforo keep any logs of what it tries to send? The server being hosted by google apps I'm not sure there's any way to see those logs I'll look around the control panel.

The mailer will log any failures (exceptions) in the sending process. Have a look at admin CP > Tools > Server Error Logs to see if there's anything relevant.

I got the email. It came a little late, but it did come through.
I upgraded the site to RC2 and by magic it seems to have sent out e-mails, I believe that's when they went out to everyone. Not sure why but I'm not going to worry about it too much.

thanks for your time Jake and Mike :)

Top Bottom