XF 1.1 Notices

Welcome to a new series of Have You Seen videos, demonstrating some of the new features and improvements to come in XenForo 1.1.

First on the list: Notices.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
http://vimeo.com/27033663

I tried implementing some of the css code from the link provided, to add an image as the background to a notice, but, for some reason, the image element, seems to want to apply itself to the forum background itself, and not keep inside the notice area.

I guess Im missing an important step here somewhere, any ideas? :)

FWIW, this was what I threw together for the demo. The inline styles would be moved to classes if I could be bothered.

Screen Shot 2011-10-23 at 18.33.12.webp

Screen Shot 2011-10-23 at 18.34.23.webp

Is it possible with this system to show a notice to a user, and if they dismiss the notice, have it re-appear after a set amount of time?

For example, I might like to have a notification reminding registered users to subscribe to my site's youtube channel, follow on twitter, finish filling out their profile, ect. Even if they dismiss the notice, I would like it to re-enable after 30 days. Or even the start of each month if that would be easier. I don't want to pester them about things nonstop, but a reminder after a set duration would be nice, and not too invasive/annoying if done properly.

I want to display Notices on the only pages that have sidebar, in Page Criteria there's an option Content Template is, what should i enter here for this?

I want to display Notices on the only pages that have sidebar, in Page Criteria there's an option Content Template is, what should i enter here for this?
The sidebar is added to a page using the <xen:sidebar /> tag, not a template. You'd have to manually find the pages that use the sidebar and (assuming they're nodes) use the Page is Within Nodes. For custom pages you can use the Selected Navigation Tab and the controllers.

How do I put a notices when people signup for the forum?
Is there any navigation, template content, etc that will be used so I can display it for people when they sign up only?

How do I put a notices when people signup for the forum?
Is there any navigation, template content, etc that will be used so I can display it for people when they sign up only?

I've just had a look through the options, and I can't see anything that would be suitable.

What about using a usergroup promotion to put them in a "Newbie" secondary group for a few days; New promotion -> User state is: Valid + User has posted at least X messages: 0

Then display a notice to anyone who has a secondary group of "Newbie".

Not exactly sure if it would work as you intend (it may apply the grouping to people you don't want it applied to) but it's a possible way of approaching it.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

No, my intention is to instruct people when they sign up as for the type of username are allowed on our forum such as no number, or keyboard characters, etc.

No, my intention is to instruct people when they sign up as for the type of username are allowed on our forum such as no number, or keyboard characters, etc.

When creating a notice just add "register_form" to the Page Criteria in the Content Template is: section like so.

notice-register.webp

Then when a user visits the register page they will be shown the notice.

Not sure, the {name} var was in the description when making a notice so that is as far as I have looked. Someone else may be able to say. What exactly are you looking for?

Top Bottom