Cannot reproduce Notices - 'Introduce yourself' <1 messages notice doesn't work.

Affected version
Hi,

I have a notice titled 'Introduce yourself.' The setup is simple.
  • User is registed.
  • User is valid.
  • User has no more than 1 message.
I create a brand new user, the notice is not displayed for that new account when I login to it. Suggestions/advice?

Pictures showing active options set:

1515566883783.webp
1515566901016.webp

I have created a notice with that exact criteria and it worked as expected for me. Are you 100% sure the user meets that criteria, notably the user state one? (If they haven't confirmed their email, they wouldn't meet it for example.)

Are you sure it hasn't been dismissed?

I have created a notice with that exact criteria and it worked as expected for me. Are you 100% sure the user meets that criteria, notably the user state one? (If they haven't confirmed their email, they wouldn't meet it for example.)

Are you sure it hasn't been dismissed?

I have tested unticking the 'User has no more than X messages' and the notice appears for the account. The message has not been dismissed.

The new account has state 'valid' and when logged in, 0 messages. Not appearing. (unless edit above is made)

If the user's state shows as valid when you edit them, then that's what we're checking.

In terms of the messages criteria, we're checking the "Messages" value which is what would show up when editing the user in the "profile info" section.

Anyone able to reproduce this?

@Mike
@DragonByte Tech
So to confirm the settings I am using:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have also registered a new account ( 'created user account' didn't get welcome inbox message, so made a new account the normal way to check.) Did not display notice with these settings.

Once I untick 'User has posted no more than X messages:' notice works.

Top Bottom