1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Notice with different background

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Rum Runner Entertainment, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Rum Runner Entertainment

Rum Runner Entertainment Active Member

Is there a way to change the background color while unchecking the default custom styling for one notice? I just want to add in a specific background color and remove all the padding as well as have the edges of the notices sharp. Is there a way to add in the code ONLY to the notice and not to the EXTRA.CSS, if not, then what would the EXTRA.CSS be for that. It is for this notice: Screen Shot 2014-09-08 at 11.31.54 PM.png

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Style Properties > Notices

3. Rum Runner Entertainment

I just want to change the custom styling options for that notice^.

4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

A link to your site would help. I don't use notices so I can't check on any of mine (well, I do, but it's @Chris D's addon).

5. Rum Runner Entertainment

6. Tracy Perry

Since it looks like you are using HTML, could you not do a custom class for that notice and then define, via EXTRA.css the colors you want in it?
    The other option may be using the
    Code:
    .PanelScroller .panel 
    and whatever designator for notice_34 is.
    I'm not sure what that would be - but maybe someone like @Shelley would know.

7. Rum Runner Entertainment

Oh alright. Although is there a way to completely remove the default notice styling for that specific notice? I wanted to remove the rounder edges as well. Is there a way to do this? It seems like when I added in the div tags in the HTML of the notice, I was able to change the background color of the notice, but the default round edged notice was in back of that and I wasn't able to remove that.

8. Rum Runner Entertainment

Can someone help me with this?

9. Rum Runner Entertainment

Please?

10. Tracy Perry

Have you tried helping yourself by playing with that CSS related code I gave you. I gave you the first two parts... the last may be something as simple as adding .panel_34 on it in EXTRA.css.
    If I have time, I'll add a notice to one of my sites and see if I can style it.... but I have several other projects ongoing currently.

EDIT:
    And have you paid attention to this on the Notice setup screen?
    Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 9.19.15 PM.png

Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
  11. Rum Runner Entertainment

Yes, I was able to get a few things via the style settings in the appearance section as well as using div tags html tags in the notice itself, and it is working fine. :)

Tracy Perry likes this.