XF 2.1 How to give each forum node a different background?

Risa

So i've been playing around with my site for a while with how but the one thing I have not figured out how to do is change the background of my node forums. Is there anyway I can get some directions on how to do it?

I would like it to be similar to this, like how it's a different background for each forum node:
Node.png

Something like this?
or maybe this?

Search based upon custom category background and a little bit of time spent.

It worked out pretty good, now I just have a question on the nodes. I managed to make it so the forum nodes are inside the categories but is there a way to make it so they dont go below the category header and is only viewable inside of it? Similar to how the image above have all its forums inside of the different categories but no forums are below them.

I think you are asking about something like this (where only the main nodes are listed and no sub-nodes)?

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 5.06.50 PM.png

If so, that should be a style setting option.
ACP->Styles->YOUR STYLE->Node/forum list

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 5.08.50 PM.png
Select None and no sub-nodes are listed.
If you are talking about the most recent post... that will be a template edit or something specific to that style they are using.

Are you wanting them in the actaul NODE list area, or the CATEGORY area? The links I gave were for the actual node listing, not the category.

I want the forums to be inside the actual Category area instead of on the main page under the categories.
I'm sorry... I don't quite grasp what you are wanting.
Are you only wanting the categories shown on the index page, and then you have to click into each category to see the nodes?
You may be able to use this option to create the category pages, then have a template modified to not show the nodes on the main index...

Screen Shot 2023-09-04 at 8.30.19 PM.png
But that's getting fairly involved in template modification.

Last edited:
I edited my reply... but as I said, it's probably going to involve some template modifications.... and at a level that I'm not comfortable on giving guidance on.

Top Bottom