XF 1.2 Notice System

tommydamic68

the notice system is a bit frustrating to use. All I want to do is have a panel with my own custom image, to my size standard that doesn't effect the other panels like messages. i don't want message panels the same size as the image panel - it seems to inherit the size for some unknown reason. is there a simpler way?

Why does my image get cut off?
Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 11.14.08 AM.webp

I don't want this large panel for short text messages.
Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 11.14.37 AM.webp

the notice system is a bit frustrating to use. All I want to do is have a panel with my own custom image, to my size standard that doesn't effect the other panels like messages. i don't want message panels the same size as the image panel - it seems to inherit the size for some unknown reason. is there a simpler way?

Why does my image get cut off?
View attachment 60946

I don't want this large panel for short text messages.
View attachment 60948

One of the documented reasons why I have abandoned the notice system. Have you tried stack notices since your going to get the same height whether your notice is 1 line or 20 lines it inherits the largest sized notice.

so the bottom line, all notices will inherit the size of the largest notice - that really makes no sense and limits this feature to really either just text or image, not multiples.

so the bottom line, all notices will inherit the size of the largest notice - that really makes no sense and limits this feature to really either just text or image, not multiples.

Yes basically, it is just a notice system and never really was meant to house images and such. Hopefully at a later time the system can be expanded upon and we can have notice (IDs) and a way to separate them from each other.

In the meantime I suggest you look at [bd] Rotating Ads

It hooks into many places if you want and easily add banners where you want them.

Top Bottom