• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.2 Notice System

tommydamic68

the notice system is a bit frustrating to use. All I want to do is have a panel with my own custom image, to my size standard that doesn't effect the other panels like messages. i don't want message panels the same size as the image panel - it seems to inherit the size for some unknown reason. is there a simpler way?

Why does my image get cut off?
Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 11.14.08 AM.png

I don't want this large panel for short text messages.
Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 11.14.37 AM.png

Shelley

the notice system is a bit frustrating to use. All I want to do is have a panel with my own custom image, to my size standard that doesn't effect the other panels like messages. i don't want message panels the same size as the image panel - it seems to inherit the size for some unknown reason. is there a simpler way?

Why does my image get cut off?
View attachment 60946

I don't want this large panel for short text messages.
View attachment 60948
One of the documented reasons why I have abandoned the notice system. Have you tried stack notices since your going to get the same height whether your notice is 1 line or 20 lines it inherits the largest sized notice.

tommydamic68

so the bottom line, all notices will inherit the size of the largest notice - that really makes no sense and limits this feature to really either just text or image, not multiples.

Jeremy

It's fairly bad UX to have a container at the top of all your content continually change size, therefore continually moving your content.

Steve F

so the bottom line, all notices will inherit the size of the largest notice - that really makes no sense and limits this feature to really either just text or image, not multiples.
Yes basically, it is just a notice system and never really was meant to house images and such. Hopefully at a later time the system can be expanded upon and we can have notice (IDs) and a way to separate them from each other.

In the meantime I suggest you look at [bd] Rotating Ads

It hooks into many places if you want and easily add banners where you want them.