1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Notice shows to guest but not dismissible

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by woei, Mar 12, 2014.

1. woei

woei Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have added a notice to all visitors that our site uses cookies, but the notice is not dismissible to guests? I have Notice may be dismissed turned on. The notice shows, but no x appears to close it. Tested it in safari and IE. Do I overlook some setting? (Xenforo 1.2.5)

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Notices can only be dismissed by registered users.

3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

My Notifications add-on is an alternative way of displaying messages to your users.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/notifications.870/

[​IMG]

If a notice is permanently dismissible, a link appears saying "Dismiss Notification" but again, that is only available to registered users. Clicking the cross in the right corner actually temporarily dismisses the notification. That works for all users. Registered or otherwise. It sets a cookie.

4. woei

woei Well-Known Member

@Mike I feared for it reading the text. Would it be possible to do this for guests also without using Chris D's really nice addon?

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no read marking data stored for guests at all, for threads, posts, notices, etc.