1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Notice is shown in childnodes

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by xf_phantom, Apr 13, 2013.

1. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

My nodetree looks like

Parent Node
    Child Node 1​
    Child Node 2​
    Child Node of 2​
    Second Child Node of 2​

If i set a notice to be visible in Child Node 2, it's also visible in Nodes: Child Node of 2 and Second Child Node of 2

Maybe it's "as designed" but i would consider this as bug, because i'm not able to limit the notice only to the parent nodes.
    It's already a multiple select, so if we want to see the notice in the childnode, i can select it. If I don't select it, i don't want to see it in this node.

Alien, tyteen4a03, Lee and 1 other person like this.
  2. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Agree. Would be better to discard from child nodes unless selected.

HenrikHansen likes this.
  3. Freddie Agricola

Freddie Agricola Active Member

Maybe a checkbox 'Include subnodes' when making notices.

nrep, Alien and Jon W like this.
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That is as designed, so this is a suggestion.

5. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

If this is designed, the design has a bug, sorry.
    One notice should only be showned in one forum and not in a tree

DSF and Shelley like this.
  6. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

Perhaps an option inside a notice to "Do not rescurse into subforums"

7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Has a thread been created in suggestions for this? If not, why not move it into there where it has a higher chance of this being included. Just a suggestion to move it into suggestion (if the op agrees of course).

8. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

The op doesn't care as long this gets fixed/included:p

If it's as designed, the phrase "Page is Within Nodes:" needs to be changed to "Page is Within Nodes and their childnodes"

9. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

An argument could be made, although a 'stretch', that child nodes are technically, hierarchically speaking, within parent nodes. Not saying I don't agree, but this could be the philosophy behind the design.

10. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Fair enough I'm just thinking it's better to have this moved over since the response your going to get is "as designed" but perhaps if you ask (takes but a second or make a report) asking for it to be moved more people will agree and maybe (small chance) have the devs mindset of "as designed" change to "that's actually a sound suggestion" = Happy Faces. :D

HenrikHansen likes this.
  11. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is still in bugs because I think that it's confusing, regardless of designed behavior. It needs a clarification at the least.

xf_phantom and tyteen4a03 like this.
  12. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

In 1.2 there's an option to control whether child nodes will be included with the notice (by default, it will, which maintains BC with the 1.1 behavior).

xf_phantom likes this.