Implemented Notice Class Change

Anthony Parsons

As per this discussion: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/styling-notices.24579/

Maybe the better place for the unique notice class is to be placed by default in an outer wrapper of notices, not the inner content! This gives a person complete control over the entire notice styling versus being limited to style the inner contents of the notice, having the border and background defined by XF styling properties.

Sometimes there are moments when a person may want to display a nice graphic, which the notice box needs to be stripped away completely / restyled completely for that specific notice.

Shifting it as an outer wrapper allows for seasonal notices to be custom displayed, fancy borders using Christmas themes, etc... right now, its default styling only.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yeah when reading that thread I wondered why it wasn't on the outer element. Just seemed like a poor design decision to me. Although personally I completely change how they are shown so it doesn't matter, don't like how they are by default that much anyway... not a fan of moving things without user action.

It is on the outer element if you don't use scrollable notices, which is really what it's for. You can't be quite as creative if you want the scrolling notices and still maintain consistency.

Makes sense... must make stackable to completely control unique notice styling. Thanks Mike.

I can see that border was the issue on scrollable notices... now it gets shifted to the inner li when scroll is disabled, thus making it uniquely style-able on a notice by notice basis, without affecting global.

Answered... much appreciated.

Top Bottom