• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 Nothing is Uploading

Hello,

Whenever I try to upload something on my forums be it in the resource manager or in a post it always gets to 100% then nothing happens. How do I fix this?

Also how do I stop my mail being spam I've tried all the different options and follow the guide.

Dodgeboard

So how do I get the Flash Uploader working? And what does the imagick thing do and should I and how do I install it?
What Brogan is saying is...If disabling the flash upgrader allows you to upload, then the problem is likely related to a mod_security issue. He was having you perform a test that would rule out directory permissions. Your server logs (probably in your cPanel) will most likely lead you to what exactly is happening.

What Brogan is saying is...If disabling the flash upgrader allows you to upload, then the problem is likely related to a mod_security issue. He was having you perform a test that would rule out directory permissions. Your server logs (probably in your cPanel) will most likely lead you to what exactly is happening.
I have edited htaccess thing but still doesn't work. Trying to get mp3 player working as well.

It is paid siteground although my nameservers are with cloudflare, free. Should I change my name servers back (and all my DNS records)? Would this possibly be the reason for the spam as well?

Dodgeboard

Let me guess...Minecraft site? I've installed now, four Minecraft PVP sites this week. I'd be glad to take a look if you like. If you feel comfortable giving me temporary access, that is.

Let me guess...Minecraft site? I've installed now, four Minecraft PVP sites this week. I'd be glad to take a look if you like. If you feel comfortable giving me temporary access, that is.
Yes I would; be but would it be fine to talk through Skype voice, instant message? And not a Minecraft site. I'm part of the Staff for a game called King Arthur's Gold (KAG) and installing a new forum, unofficial, for people to create projects together.

Dodgeboard

For future reference, we continued to fight this problem because we were trying to turn off mod_security in the .htaccess file located at the forum level subdirectory. The entries for the .htaccess file for mod_security had to be entered into the .htaccess file located (one level up) at public_html to work.

<ifModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
</ifModule>

Now the flash uploader is functioning.