1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Nothing is Uploading

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by VanHuek, Mar 28, 2013.

1. VanHuek

VanHuek Member

Hello,

Whenever I try to upload something on my forums be it in the resource manager or in a post it always gets to 100% then nothing happens. How do I fix this?

Also how do I stop my mail being spam I've tried all the different options and follow the guide.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Disable the Flash uploader and check whether you can upload attachments then.

3. VanHuek

VanHuek Member

That worked, now what?

4. Brogan

It could be a mod_security issue.
    You will need to check your server error logs.

5. VanHuek

VanHuek Member

I meant I can now upload things but no longer multiple things at a time, nor a progress bar. Why is that?

6. Brogan

Those features only work with the flash uploader, which you have disabled.

7. VanHuek

VanHuek Member

So how do I get the Flash Uploader working? And what does the imagick thing do and should I and how do I install it?

8. Brogan

9. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

What Brogan is saying is...If disabling the flash upgrader allows you to upload, then the problem is likely related to a mod_security issue. He was having you perform a test that would rule out directory permissions. Your server logs (probably in your cPanel) will most likely lead you to what exactly is happening.

VanHuek likes this.
  10. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Note that the flash uploader doesn't always work when your forum is behind a directory login.

11. VanHuek

VanHuek Member

I have edited htaccess thing but still doesn't work. Trying to get mp3 player working as well.

12. Dodgeboard

Let me ask you something....because what you are describing is eerily similar to a system I was helping with last week. Who is your host? Not Godaddy, is it? Is it paid or free hosting?

VanHuek likes this.
  13. VanHuek

VanHuek Member

It is paid siteground although my nameservers are with cloudflare, free. Should I change my name servers back (and all my DNS records)? Would this possibly be the reason for the spam as well?

14. Dodgeboard

Let me guess...Minecraft site? I've installed now, four Minecraft PVP sites this week. I'd be glad to take a look if you like. If you feel comfortable giving me temporary access, that is.

VanHuek likes this.
  15. VanHuek

VanHuek Member

Yes I would; be but would it be fine to talk through Skype voice, instant message? And not a Minecraft site. I'm part of the Staff for a game called King Arthur's Gold (KAG) and installing a new forum, unofficial, for people to create projects together.

16. Dodgeboard

Sorry - I don't use Skype. I am sending you a PM.

VanHuek likes this.
  17. Dodgeboard

For future reference, we continued to fight this problem because we were trying to turn off mod_security in the .htaccess file located at the forum level subdirectory. The entries for the .htaccess file for mod_security had to be entered into the .htaccess file located (one level up) at public_html to work.

<ifModule mod_security.c>
    SecFilterEngine Off
    </ifModule>

Now the flash uploader is functioning.