Notable Sites using xF

The Dark Wizard

More and more I am seeing many sites I visit suddenly start using xF. What interesting/important sites do you visit that surprised you when it started using xF.

Urban75, with its 10+ million posts, is the main one for me, although it wasn't a surprise that they converted - I knew it was planned for about a year.

Awesome site :)

It can get very heated on there at times, especially in the politic forums, there's also a lot of long time posters with history between them that ensures plenty of beef, some threads can get particularly interesting late at night once the booze has been flowing, as someone posted the other day - "Internet + drink = something funny". :D

It's a labour of love for the site owner (plus mods & tech guy), no ads, no subscriptions, just funded by donations and occasional sale of T-shirts, which makes it fairly unusual considering the size of the site.

I am not a fan of dark styles but I have to admit, that is a nice looking design.:cool:
That is indeed a nice looking design and I am even a little jelly ;O

Great job on all these great finds guys. :D! It is great to see more and more sites make the switch to xF.

If you check the firefall site youll notice they have a "Devtracker" Which shows the posts from important staff. I must figure out how to do this . . .

If you check the firefall site youll notice they have a "Devtracker" Which shows the posts from important staff. I must figure out how to do this . . .
I was wondering the same... it looks like they took a simple but effective approach.

They created a new forum node off of the main tree and when creating the node they turned off the "Display in the node list" check flag. After that it was just a matter a adding a link to the forum node in the navbar area.

I was wondering the same... it looks like they took a simple but effective approach.

They created a new forum node off of the main tree and when creating the node they turned off the "Display in the node list" check flag. After that it was just a matter a adding a link to the forum node in the navbar area.
Indeed ill try to replicate it and share my findings.

Top Bottom