Not your average computer build...

I'd be interested to know the specs of this interesting “box” :p
i5 Ivy Bridge 3.0Ghz
16GB Corsair Ram
128GB Mushkin Drive
Intel DH77EB motherboard
Corsair Power Supply

Perfect machine for the work she needs it to do... She doesnt play games, so I have her on the Intel 4000 gfx chip.

Go to the site linked in the first post - they're there.
I very, very rarely click unknown links.

i5 Ivy Bridge 3.0Ghz
16GB Corsair Ram
128GB Mushkin Drive
Intel DH77EB motherboard
Corsair Power Supply

Perfect machine for the work she needs it to do... She doesnt play games, so I have her on the Intel 4000 gfx chip.
My machine is pretty much the same; not for gaming:
i7 Ivy Bridge 3.4 Ghz
16 GB G.Skills RAM
60 GB OCZ Vertex III caching SSD
2 TB WD Caviar Black 64MB cache SATA III
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard with Intel Smart Response
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (256GB reserved RAM)

That's incredible, I love it! I'm also very impressed that you have the temperature under control given how insulating wood is. Excellent work!

I very, very rarely click unknown links.

My machine is pretty much the same; not for gaming:
i7 Ivy Bridge 3.4 Ghz
16 GB G.Skills RAM
60 GB OCZ Vertex III caching SSD
2 TB WD Caviar Black 64MB cache SATA III
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard with Intel Smart Response
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (256GB reserved RAM)
I think your PC has the upper-hand on hers ;)

I love it.
Just to nitpick - why not make a frame for the keyboard too? You could make it with an ergonomic wrist rest at the front, and pwetty carved strips round sides and along the top.

Seriously - I moved a few months ago to a couch + laptop because 12-15 hours a day (quite often)upright in a chair was doing my circulation bad things. Feet slightly higher than my gut has done wonders for my health. It's also damnably comfy.
BUT I haven't been able to find anything good as a wooden tray on my lap to a) ventilate underneath and b) give me extra space for a mouse, pen and cuppa c) keep the keyboard from moving much. My knees are getting calloused!
So far I'm using a light basketwork tray, upending it so the edges act as legs. Something better would be so nice.

Top Bottom