Lack of interest Not WYSIWYG, But BBC With Live Preview

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Xarcell

The TinyMCE editor is a pain in the arse. I hate it with a passion, and a bag of dried plantains.

Why not just use a normal textarea, with a BBC toolbar like Minorin, but have a live preview via jQuery of what your typing? I see it being done with the topic subject line, why can't you do that with a whole post?

This would also eliminate the preview button, as preview would be automatic and live. The only exception would be for quick reply, but a live preview wouldn't be needed there. This would also help user's understand how to properly use BBC.

Just look at this: http://pushingkarma.com/projects/jquery-wysiwym/

It's even compatible with iPad...

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Why not just use a normal textarea, with a BBC toolbar like Minorin, but have a live preview via jQuery of what your typing?
Because it slows down the display and the typing. Better use TinyMce then. Mark It Up has also a preview function but without any refresh. I didn't integrate it because XenForo already has a preview function which works great.

@cclaerhout

What about turning this into a add-on?
Sorry I hadn't seen your post. There's already an addon. I don't want to add this functionality (which is easy to do the same way the jquery-wysiwym did). Again, it can slow down the typing and I prefer to make a preview the normal way ; but if Minorin starts to have it, good news for you :)

Hm.. it would probably better to place the TinyMCE editor in two tabs, one is a rich-text-editor and one a source/bbcode editor with all the buttons above. I much prefer bbcode editors, but there are many users who actually prefer rich-text-editors.

Top Bottom