1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MG 1.1 Not seeing Item Count

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Support' started by ibaker, Aug 24, 2016.

1. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

I have enabled Item Count in the Media Gallery and my users are seeing it however myself as Admin doesn't get to see it.

I created a new standard XF Default style on my site to see if any changes I had made was causing it but even with the default XF style I still don't get to see them. However I do see the Alerts and Messages Item Count flags but not Media

There must be some simple explanation but for the life of me I can't find it (tried both Firefox and IE)

2. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Are you in the Registered users group?

3. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

No, I am in the Administrative usergroup but I just added Registered as a secondary usergroup to my login and still no luck

4. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Place yourself in the Primary User Group as registered.

5. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

Ok, just tried that and still no good.

Here is an image showing a user having 9 new media entries not yet viewed.
    I tested by getting the user to create a new media entry however I did not get an unread flag
    I went to New Media and there are new media entries
    1.jpg

6. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

Something is wrong with your permissions.
    Your users in the primary registered group can see and you who are in the same group cannot see it.
    Somewhere in some group you restricted yourself.

7. ibaker

ibaker Well-Known Member

Looks like I am going to have install XF completely standard in xampp on my local PC and just have Media and 2 users in it and give it a test because this is very strange