1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not recieve email notifications of posts issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by mmoore5553, Feb 29, 2012.

1. mmoore5553

mmoore5553 Well-Known Member

The other day I made sure that my preferences were NOT to receive e-mail notifications of posts made in watched threads. I don't like to get tons of e-mails on forums I check regularly. But today I noticed that the option was checked after I just got an e-mail notification about a post in a watched thread. What changed?

And likewise, if I have a watched thread set to send e-mail notifications, is there a way to remove the notifications without unwatching and re-watching the thread?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is this here on XenForo.com or your own site?

3. mmoore5553

Oh i am sorry my own site. I did not know if there was a missing setting i overlooked. I can pm you access if need be.

4. Brogan

The account preference settings here don't affect any threads you are already watching, or any you specifically choose to receive email updates for: http://xenforo.com/community/account/preferences

I have not experienced the problem of the settings in the account preferences changing without input so it could be due to an add-on you have installed.

5. mmoore5553

The only thing i did do was yesterday run query to watch_email. I would not assume that would do it ?

6. Brogan

If the query was to update the user options table, then yes, that would have changed it.

7. mmoore5553

yes but what i mean if someone unchecked it and then the next day it automatically revert back to being checked. I would not think that is possible.

8. mmoore5553

I am still unable to get any alerts to my email I have preferences and alert preferences all checked. Is there a setting i am missing ? Also do i need to go into database and look where.

I ran the above query once to turn it all on and people complained about too many emails but i thought if i go in and just check mark the options it would turn it back on. At this time i am getting no emails at all.