• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest Not possible to include a template in a template email

lms

I have noticed that it is not possible to include a template in a template email.
If I put <xen: include get an error and if I put <xen: require template is saved does not work.

I do not know if this is a bug or a not implementing feature.

If it is a not implementing feature, please, take this as a request to that effect, but if this is a bug, please a solution.

I created an addon and I tried to include a template to work with css style properties without success.

It would be great to work with style properties in email templates.

Salud2

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
I imagine this will get marked as "Won't Fix".

The template system and the e-mail template system are very different things. With that in mind, you can't include templates from one system in the other.

This is not a bug, but nor do I think your suggestion will be workable either.

lms

Both template systems support <style type="text/css">. Public template system uses the <xen:include/require template/css> that comes to be a <style type="text/css">...</style>.

Why can not this be?

Salud2

Edit: The two systems are used with css.

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
Well, because they are two very different template systems.

You might be able to try:

<xen:require css="public:your_template.css" />

But again, I think it will fail for the same reasons.

lms

And include email template.css with email templates? As it is, is mixing a public with a admin system. If this system could work well with the style properties, would be perfect.

Salud2

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
As stated, they are very different systems so not all syntax is necessarily available everywhere. Moving to suggestions.