Not my site, but very impressed

That's interesting that they're not using a node list and just displaying the threads -- a neat approach to the forum home, though it'd really only work for smaller boards.

It's a nice design too -- I was working on one rather similar to it at one point. I wonder if I still have the xml...

The word that springs to mind when I see it, is "Vanilla".
It's very basic looking and bland, but, we all have different tastes.

I must say that I don't like this either. Too white and too minimalist for my liking.

I do hope they have purchased the branding free version too and haven't just removed the copyright notice.

I do hope they have purchased the branding free version too and haven't just removed the copyright notice.
Hopefully they did... since the domain appears to belong to a commercial entity.
Registrant Organization: Shen Zhen Oneplus Technology Co. Ltd

The word that springs to mind when I see it, is "Vanilla".
It's very basic looking and bland, but, we all have different tastes.
At least they tried to be different :) It's annoying as hell when you visit a forum and can instantly see what software it's running. People really don't make enough effort at all. Slapping a new colour scheme over the existing UI is just lazy IMO.

Honestly, it reminds me of Discourse forum. A relatively new forum software that does not utilize pages, but instead continues to load threads and replies as you scroll down the page. It's interesting, but I like my old fashioned layouts.

Hey guys, I'm one of the people working on our forum. I've just forwarded the thread to our designer. If you have any feedback for us we'd love to hear your thoughts!

They've done several customisations and I'm curious to know who's designing it for them. Everything - right from emails to the accounts page has been customised. Quite cool, actually!

They've done several customisations and I'm curious to know who's designing it for them. Everything - right from emails to the accounts page has been customised. Quite cool, actually!

Thanks! We have an in-house designer (or actually we have three, but only one worked on the forum) who's doing amazing things with our visual identity. The emails and account pages are actually not XenForo though. We disabled the normal registration system in XenForo and wrote an OpenID extension which logs the user in via our OpenID Provider. Data is then synced via our custom account system and the XenForo user.

admin.php
Basic Board Information
Index Page Route
Change to "find-new/posts/"

Just did it as a test and appears to work.

Unfortunately this doesn't work that well. The find new posts feature of XenForo basically does a search and then shows the new posts at the time of the search being done, so if linked to in the future it will mess up (check the URL).
For this feature we developed a custom extension that fetches the latest posts, created a page for it and then changed the Index Page Route to that page.

We're planning a lot more cool stuff in the future, we're in love with how easy XenForo is to write extensions for.

Looks like it.

Also hi Arantor! Pretty sure I know you from SMF!

Last edited:
Unfortunately this doesn't work that well. The find new posts feature of XenForo basically does a search and then shows the new posts at the time of the search being done, so if linked to in the future it will mess up (check the URL).
Unless I am misunderstanding, you can link directly to the root URL, like so: http://xenforo.com/community/find-new/posts

Or this: http://forums.oneplus.net/find-new/posts

Every time that is loaded it will perform a new search.

Top Bottom