Not liking the new look.

Straydog

Sorry, couldn't think of a better title but when NOT logged in I don't like the way the forum looks. Not really a forum but looks more like articles. Can that be changed? If I am unclear I can post images but something doesn't look right and it seems that it is on sites using the newer version of XF. Once logged in it looks like a typical forum.

Images would be nice; I don't see any difference here when logged in or out other than the "you must be logged in to post" notice at the top. Are you referring to a forum other than this one? I know of some that have certain forums designed to look differently, for example.

When logged in...

in.webp

When logged out.

out.webp

Multiple browsers to verify and I have not been here for a month or 3 but since then this is the view I see.

Attachments

• in.webp
    in.webp
    33 KB · Views: 13
It's your computer/network. As the other person said, the forum looks the same when logged out.

Well if it is and it affects 3 computers on 2 networks then that tells me that this is not something to drop cash on. Please; this is not my first day using software... Its not the network or the computers. I do take the time to look into things a bit more than that.:cautious:

Well if it is and it affects 3 computers on 2 networks then that tells me that this is not something to drop cash on. Please; this is not my first day using software... Its not the network or the computers. I do take the time to look into things a bit more than that.:cautious:
What browser youre using? Latest versions?

This is not something I can reproduce, or anyone else.. as far as I acknowledge. As others have said it prorably a issue with your network, computers or/and software.

Well, I will keep messing with it. MGSteve, one is from work and the other is from home. To entirely different setups. I will see once I install the other browsers at work in a day or two. At home I have Chrome, FireFox, and IE that are all at the current version. Just seems odd as a few months ago I didn't notice this. Not a deal breaker for sure but curious. (y)

Same ISP at home and work?
No, Time Warner at home and a DSL link through a local phone company for work. Both locations do have two things in common; We use the same router and Facebook is blocked at the router. Not sure why blocking FB would be an issue so possibly something with the router? From home Vista, XP Professional, and Windows 7 are on the same connection. Its the same with all and using multiple browsers. Work is older equipment so nothing special there.
I encountered the same issue with Chrome a while ago, but I refreshed the page ( F5 / Windows ) and everything was good once again, ;)
Tried it but nothing special there. Deleted cookies, history, etc... but nothing.
Perhaps a conflict with an add-on of sorts? Can you disable all add-ons and try again?
The only add-ons I have installed are in Fire Fox and I tried with them turned off.

At any rate I find it odd and it just seems to be something since the latest update or two. Coincidentally, the router was also added here at home. The router at work has been the same throughout. :confused:

We use the same router and Facebook is blocked at the router. Not sure why blocking FB would be an issue so possibly something with the router?
That seems very relevant, as there is Facebook related CSS loaded as a guest. And it looks like none of the "custom" page CSS is coming through, so I'd guess that if it sees what it thinks is Facebook stuff, it just returns nothing instead.

That seems very relevant, as there is Facebook related CSS loaded as a guest. And it looks like none of the "custom" page CSS is coming through, so I'd guess that if it sees what it thinks is Facebook stuff, it just returns nothing instead.
That was it. Removed the block from the router and everything is fine. It would be nice if that could be corrected in some fashion but I know FB is popular so I don't expect that will happen. Something I might have to live with as I can't stand FB although it does give me a fair amount of system cleaning work... :)

if i am not using the facebook recommend jazz, why is facebook css being called?
is there any way possible to get out from under facebook? i was hoping deactivating the facebook share/recommend would accomplish that. it appears not.

Can the dependency be removed? Quite a few workplaces block Facebook and anything with facebook in the url.
More of a bump.... Is removing that dependency possible? Those having Facebook certainly might like it but those of us who either don't or happen to log in from work can't just view the front page without issues.

Top Bottom