Not liking the new look.

Straydog

Sorry, couldn't think of a better title but when NOT logged in I don't like the way the forum looks. Not really a forum but looks more like articles. Can that be changed? If I am unclear I can post images but something doesn't look right and it seems that it is on sites using the newer version of XF. Once logged in it looks like a typical forum.

More of a bump.... Is removing that dependency possible? Those having Facebook certainly might like it but those of us who either don't or happen to log in from work can't just view the front page without issues.
The short answer is no. If a site provides Facebook logins, it's required.

Wanted to revisit this post... I have noticed that if Facebook is blocked or not at the router there are no ill effects. So..... Finally bit the bullet and joined the XenForo side of the fence. Hopefully the legal issues can be resolved but regardless I felt it was time. Still hold VB and IPB licenses but sure as hell have no interest in the new VB. Nice to be here finally. :)

This is a known bug in Xenforo in connection with some browsers.

Under some circumstances not all js and css files are loaded. This leads to several problems. Some people are not able to post, some people see a strange design. F5 (reload the page) helps sometimes (depending on the cache settings of your browser).

The bug is related to the "base" url used in Xenforo to convert all relative urls. You cannot solve the design issues currently, but js issues (not able to answer) can be solved with putting the external js setting in config with your own domain url.

Wanted to revisit this post... I have noticed that if Facebook is blocked or not at the router there are no ill effects. So..... Finally bit the bullet and joined the XenForo side of the fence. Hopefully the legal issues can be resolved but regardless I felt it was time. Still hold VB and IPB licenses but sure as hell have no interest in the new VB. Nice to be here finally. :)

Welcome to XF. Look forward to seeing your design or sharing tips with you.

This is a known bug in Xenforo in connection with some browsers.

Under some circumstances not all js and css files are loaded. This leads to several problems. Some people are not able to post, some people see a strange design. F5 (reload the page) helps sometimes (depending on the cache settings of your browser).

The bug is related to the "base" url used in Xenforo to convert all relative urls. You cannot solve the design issues currently, but js issues (not able to answer) can be solved with putting the external js setting in config with your own domain url.

Well before it didn't work due to FB being blocked and it was from multiple locations and browsers. It works fine now so I assume something may have changed. Either way I am happy with whats going on so time to start messing around and getting things converted.

Top Bottom