XF 1.3 Not Getting Emails from my admin account only

DaiAku

Not sure what the issue here is but do not get alert emails for my one of my admin accounts. I have created other test accounts and alert emails seem to go to them just fine. It is just the one account. I have tried assigning different emails addresses to this admin account and that makes no difference. I have checked the settings (several times) and they all seem fine to send out emails.

Has anyone seen this before? Any idea what the problem could be?

If the emails are confirmed as being sent then the issue is with the email account.
They are most likely being spam trapped or blackholed.

My users don't get their registration emails but I tested it and get password reminder emails fine.

Wonder what's goin on there. Same issue?

The problem is with a single account for me.

We had your problem before and what happened is that our server was flagged for spam (blacklisted) because we had a large number of people signing quickly at the start and no emails got through as sign on confirms looked like we were spamming emails. I would check to see if that is happening for you.

Have you confirmed the emails are being sent?
You will need to check the mail logs on the server.

Thank you @Brogan!

I asked Nimbus where to find the email log on the server and not only did they tell me but they fixed the problem for me. :)

"Your MX Entry on cPanel was set to local, so the server was trying to deliver mail locally if it thought the domains mail was there, but seeing as you appear to use Google for your mail, it needed to be set to remote. "

Problem now resolved - thank you again!

Top Bottom