1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a Bug Not Alerted To Being Tagged In Resource Overview

Discussion in 'Resource Manager Resolved Bugs' started by The Sandman, Feb 12, 2014.

1. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

@Syndol tagged me in the overview of his new Expiring User Upgrades (Thanks David!) but I didn't receive an alert about it - I just happened upon it.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The RM does not support tagging -- it doesn't suggest and it doesn't auto convert in my tests. That would have to have been added manually.
  3. The Sandman

The Sandman Well-Known Member

Ah, sorry about that - I didn't realize it was a manually added "tag".
  4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

The confusion might come from the editor appearing to accept the tagging of users. This same confusion happens when a user has no permission to tag but tags anyway.
  5. Syndol

Syndol Guest

Indeed. It was copied and pasted there.
    The Sandman likes this.
  6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

It doesn't suggest names as you type them like it does in a normal editor.

The permission you refer to is "Maximum tag alerts per message". It does not prevent the use of typing @ user name and it suggesting users. Nor does it prevent that @ tag being converted to into [user] tags. It is there to control the number of alerts that can be generated as a result of a tag.
  7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

If the RM doesn't display the @User suggestion popup ... then ... I'd say that this issue is definitely [Not a bug]. IMO.