Not a bug Not able to reset node permissions

AndyB

Affected version
I'm not able to reset node permissions on some nodes.

Admin control panel -> Groups & permissions -> Node permissions -> (Click on forum)

1609614112735.webp

Take for example the Administrative, I want to revert this (show as blue). I set all permissions to Inherit, yet it remains as red. Clean up permissions in the Rebuild caches does not solve the issue.

Can you verify what permission entries are showing up in the DB for a node that has this issue? It's in the xf_permission_entry_content table (content_type would be node, content_id would be the node ID).

Well those all appear to be non-standard permissions. Are those valid permissions in xf_permission?

If they are valid/known permissions, are they attached to a disabled add-on? If so, there isn't a spectactular solution here in general, as we don't display permissions from disabled add-ons, but the permissions are in the DB and would certainly come back if the add-on were re-enabled.

If they aren't known permissions, the question is how that happened because we clean up permission entries on deletion (including add-on uninstall). That seems like it might point to a manual query having done something.

are they attached to a disabled add-on?
Hi Mike,

Indeed we had many disabled add-ons. Once those disabled add-ons were uninstalled the node permissions were reset and no longer showing as modified (not showing as red) permissions.

Thank you for your help.

Top Bottom