Not a bug, but annoying.

Chris M

When I view a forum, I want to view a thread I've never read before but it takes me to the last post in the thread when clicking the thread name.

This is highly annoying, please change this so it loads the thread from the first post like a normal forum does.

I must be missing the obvious. If clicking on the thread title takes people to the last unread post, then if someone really does want to see post #1 it is 1 mouse click, right?

Click on thread title, click on page #1.

?

I must be missing the obvious. If clicking on the thread title takes people to the last unread post, then if someone really does want to see post #1 it is 1 mouse click, right?

Click on thread title, click on page #1.

Except that many people would want to just click once, especially people with slower connections, or more impatient brains.

And besides, it does it with any thread that has new posts as well. So it's helpful if you've read the thread already and it has new posts, because it automatically takes you to the end of the thread. If there's a way to be able to do that as well as fix the first click that would be the preferred route, but if nothing else it's better as is.

I know this. To me though, the title taking you to the beginning makes the most sense. Maybe my opinion will change with time? I'm just expressing how I feel right now. I have to say though, I am sort of liking the way it works more and more as I use it. :P

Top Bottom