1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Normal User changed deleted a secondary Group?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by vFranky, Jan 19, 2016.

1. vFranky

vFranky Active Member

Hello,

I have a seldom effect. In the user change history a secondary group ("Marktplatz") disappears, it seems it is deleted by himself. See attachment. But he ist no moderator.

I added the secondary later manually.

Any idea?

Kind regards,
    Frank

Attached Files:

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have any user group promotions configured?

If so, what are the criteria?

3. vFranky

vFranky Active Member

I see that lots of users have the same effect. It seems they removed a secondary usergroup "Marktplatz" by themself. But only this secondary group.

Yes, the are user group promotions, see attachments. But the users shouldn't be affected, because they are in the group "Vollbenutzer" and this promotion should only affect group members of "xF-Vollbenutzer".

Attached Files:

4. Brogan

Use the scroll bar on the User Groups field to check if any other groups are selected, such as the "Verlosung-2015" user group.

vFranky likes this.
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Looking at the screenshot in the first post, that user isn't a member of "xF-Vollbenutzer", they are only in "Verlosung-2015". Therefore the "Marktplatz" user group was removed as they no longer met the user group promotion criteria.

6. vFranky

vFranky Active Member

No other user group is marked. But I see this effect of removing of the group "Marktplatz" in lots of useraccounts, mostly around the same time. It is possible that I used the user "Vollbenutzer" for a short time when I configure this.

But the user promotion should ADD the right "Marktplatz" and never remove? Or do I think wrong?

How can I reverse this problem? All users in usergroup "Vollbenutzer" with more than 50 postings should get the additional group "Marktplatz".

I thought that user promotion is one way, only add new user groups and do not remove. I have moderators that are also not in the selected groups for promotion. But they do not loose the "Marktplatz" right - or are they are generally not affected?

7. Brogan

You can either use a promotion, if it is criteria based, or use the Batch Update Users function.

vFranky likes this.
  8. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

It will remove the "Marktplatz" group if the user no longer meets the user group criteria.

As I said in my last post, the user isn't a member of "xF-Vollbenutzer", they are only in "Verlosung-2015". Therefore the "Marktplatz" user group was removed as they no longer met the user group promotion criteria.

9. vFranky

vFranky Active Member

How long does it take for the promotion system to add the group back to "Vollbenutzer"?

10. Brogan

Promotions are only applied to recently active members.

To apply them to all members, run this task in the Tools -> Rebuild Caches menu:
    upload_2016-1-19_22-59-39.png

vFranky likes this.
  11. vFranky

vFranky Active Member

Thank you, rebuild complete.