XF 2.2 nonsense

3rdlaw

2 step verification. How do I turn this off? It doesn't work. I've turned it off but it still wants to send messages to my cell phone to verify that I'm the person. I get it, it's a security feature but I run a website full of Boomers and GenX'rs who don't care for this and it turns people away.

2 step verification. How do I turn this off? It doesn't work. I've turned it off but it still wants to send messages to my cell phone to verify that I'm the person. I get it, it's a security feature but I run a website full of Boomers and GenX'rs who don't care for this and it turns people away.
Its off by default and its controlled within your usergroups permissions.

I agree a lot of members wouldn't like it, however
I've turned it off
Its off by default and its controlled within your usergroups permissions.
It's also there in ACP > Options > Admin Control panel which possibly overrides permissions?

I have it for admins and mods, who should not moan about it as their accounts being breached could lead to a lot more forum havoc and mayhem.

I have it enabled but not enforced so as far as I know, the admins are the only ones using it. I have posted instructions on setting up an Authenticator app (I use Google's for personal and MS for work so have experience with both) and left it up to people to decide if they need that level of security. No problems so far.

Top Bottom