Fixed  Non-JS datestamp on homepage & forum display

James

The homepage shows this when JS is disabled:
b83ec8ec4b744beb8a5e2f5.png

Wouldn't it make more sense to show the time rather than the date? All the date tells me is that it's been posted since 00:00 today.

The forumdisplay with disabled JS:
7a9cbcca224c4e4ebffe3c3.png

The thread display with disabled JS:
1571841eb3ff4c578a8ef55.png

I know the datestamp and timestamps exist there (for SEO - it's in source) but they don't show? I'm disabling JS with FF's Web Developer Toolbar.

This is not a bug in my eyes, more like a suggestion.

Also, this is one of the things that make xenForo special, so I'd see no reason to change that ;)

Yes, the relative timestamps are good, but what this suggestion was originally for was to change the date (such as Aug 5) to an actual time (such as 3:30pm). This gives the non-JS users something to actually judge as an accurate marker, rather than having to look at dates.

Yes, the relative timestamps are good, but what this suggestion was originally for was to change the date (such as Aug 5) to an actual time (such as 3:30pm). This gives the non-JS users something to actually judge as an accurate marker, rather than having to look at dates.

Ah, yeah, that'd be cool :)
But is the number of non-JS users so high these days?

Perhaps not, but there are a couple of users on a forum I go on that don't like the relative timestamps (shocking!) and I tried disabling the phrase replacement and was greeted with this date format. It takes a lot more effort to convert these datestamps into timestamps.

Top Bottom