1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Non-JS datestamp on homepage & forum display

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by James, Aug 5, 2010.

1. James

James Well-Known Member

The homepage shows this when JS is disabled:
    [​IMG]
    Wouldn't it make more sense to show the time rather than the date? All the date tells me is that it's been posted since 00:00 today.

The forumdisplay with disabled JS:
    [​IMG]

The thread display with disabled JS:
    [​IMG]

I know the datestamp and timestamps exist there (for SEO - it's in source) but they don't show? I'm disabling JS with FF's Web Developer Toolbar.

2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

This is not a bug in my eyes, more like a suggestion.

Also, this is one of the things that make xenForo special, so I'd see no reason to change that ;)

3. James

James Well-Known Member

Yes, the relative timestamps are good, but what this suggestion was originally for was to change the date (such as Aug 5) to an actual time (such as 3:30pm). This gives the non-JS users something to actually judge as an accurate marker, rather than having to look at dates.

4. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Ah, yeah, that'd be cool :)
    But is the number of non-JS users so high these days?

5. James

James Well-Known Member

Perhaps not, but there are a couple of users on a forum I go on that don't like the relative timestamps (shocking!) and I tried disabling the phrase replacement and was greeted with this date format. It takes a lot more effort to convert these datestamps into timestamps.

Vincent likes this.
  6. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is now resolved.