Non-commercial restricted version

dendy11

I bought a license for my commercial project. Also, I have a few non-profit projects for a small audience. A lot of people use nulled version, and if the project grows, buy a license. I don't like this way, and I'm against it. And I have to put phpbb for small projects, because it is expensive to buy a license for each project. Why do not you release a version with some restricts? This would make the engine more popular.

And then some people started to hack the core to remove the restriction. Then he/she had a full xenforo version!

Exactly. :D

lite version = free/half price
hacked to become full version

vs

nulled/hacked full version

There is no difference.
Yes, there is no difference, how to get the cracked version, because of this my suggestion makes sense.
As an example, unity (game engine) :

"Yes you can create and sell a game with the free version of Unity, without paying royalties or any revenue share. However, Unity Free, which includes the free platform add-on products, may not be licensed or used by a commercial entity with annual gross revenues (based on prior fiscal year) in excess of US$100,000, or by an educational, academic, non-profit or government entity with a total annual budget for the entire entity (based on prior fiscal year) in excess of US$100,000."

It makes unity very popular.

A XenForo license?

If so, you may want to associate your forum user name with it so you can post in the customer forums and access resources.

Edit: I just tracked it down via your email address - make sure you add your forum name here: https://xenforo.com/customers/forum-users
Thanks, it seems to me, I did it.
Lite version could make sense in bloated products that include many useless features. XenForo is not one of those products. There is nothing to restrict/remove.

Besides, its very cheap. There is no reason not to buy it.
It's cheaper then some other engines, but it isn't cheap, as a last resort, for people in our country ( Ukraine ), because of dollar exchange rate. For example,
minimum wage in our country 1378 UAH, and forum costs near 4900 UAH.

XenForo's value is much greater than its price. I like to be able to renew for a full year when I want and not be forced to upgrade every year.

Last edited:
Unity is a game engine. We make a game from unity. Unity is like a framework.

Xenforo is a forum. Xenforo using zend framework.

Unity > game
Zend framework > xenforo

Top Bottom