"Commercial" vs. "Non-Commercial" Forum

Still this is not correct. It implifies that in some conditions some people can think this.
But there is at least 1 example where this is not possible. So not any site that accepts revenues in any form can be viewed as commercial.
There are sites out there which are non-commercial and accepts revenues and there is no way it can be viewed as commercial, neither just "can be".

Yes they can be if the only two choices are "commercial" and "non-commercial". There is a semantic issue - ambiguity in the definition of "commercial". If you look through the creative commons discussion of this you'll see that they recognize this, however I haven't seen where they actually clarify it.

BTW, I didn't make my initial comments as a diss to any particular coder nor have I had any issues regarding it. It's just something that I've noticed that could be an issue and for a minute it seemed that the new guidelines for XF's Resources might be a good place to tease out some kind of agreement in defining the terms as used here. That minute has passed, and the discussion is academic.

Top Bottom