1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Issue non-breaking space code in add media category filter

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Bug Reports' started by Martok, Dec 14, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I first noticed this in XFMG 1.1.2 and it is still occurring in 1.1.3.

On my site, if I go to add media, then type "n", "b", "s" or "p" I get the non-breaking space code &nbsp appearing in front of most of my categories
    upload_2015-12-14_15-47-5.png

There are a small number of categories that don't have &nbsp in front of them:

upload_2015-12-14_15-54-34.png

I've disabled all add-ons except XFMG and tested in an unedited default style and get the same results.

Initially I thought it was categories with a space in the title but that's not the case as Warframe and Destiny don't, plus TV & Movies is also fine.

I have edited some categories that have &nbsp in front just to ensure that I hadn't added a space in front (I hadn't). Editing didn't make any difference.

The issue isn't appearing in the add media album filter.

I'm unsure what the issue is, whether it's a bug or something else. I cannot reproduce it in the Media Gallery here on XenForo.

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Are the categories getting this all sub-categories? At a glance it looks like it. If so, I think that would be a bug, though I'm not positive we can workaround it.

3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Ah yes, they are indeed all subcategories.

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is a bug in the Chosen library. Actually a regression, was fixed in version 1.2.0 but seems to have resurfaced recently.

Unfortunately their development seems to have slowed somewhat. There have been a few solutions proposed but not sure they are ideal for us to implement ourselves.

We could look at a solution and submit a pull request, I guess.