Lack of interest Nodes in node list but not in Quick Navigation Forum List

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

ForestForTrees

The forum I manage has many subforums, but we only want our more important subforums to be listed in the Quick Nav Forum List.

It would be nice to have an extra field in the table that nodes are stored in that allows admins to override or determine whether the node shows up in the quick nav list. Right now you can determine whether all subforums appear in quick nav, but what if you don't want all subforums to appear? Too many makes the list unwieldy, IMHO, and people won't even read it. I want my quick nav to be quick.

The field could be set when editing a node and there would need to be an edit in the quick_navigation_menu template to check the field before including the node in the right hand column of the quick nav list.

While this could be implemented as an add-on, I'd love to know if others would like to have it in the core.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom