• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Nodes As Tabs (with tab selection)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh... that is a whole different thing, as tabs are hooked into the navtabs. I think you would have to customise the secondary links template for the tab. Then there could be other issues, as this, as ticking to make a node a tab highlights the tab... not sure if that would have an effect as well...

Jake would know... but I think that is a more indepth modification and one that would be easier to manage manually via a custom secondary links template possibly!

Your add-on made me a happy camper. I used it to set up my articles forum as a navigation item, and set up the article submissions forum as a sub-nav item under it: http://theinfinityprogram.com/index.php I could have set up the articles forum as part of navigation, but not without going through hell trying to figure out how expert coders make tabs highlight when you click them, and without having the sub-nav.

By knowing HTML and CSS... to put it simply. Xenforo code is already there, you just need to rewrite it in order to output what you want.

Learn HTML5 & CSS3... makes life easy to customise current software.

Just tried placing a node as tab and it works great except when I have an alert. As soon as I have an alert (on any other forum) and I click on the alert, it will take me to that post but somehow get stuck on the 'node tab' - the breadcrumbs are messed up too. Below is a screen shot. If I click on that same post where it its rightful location, then it won't hook itself to the node. Can this be fixed?

breadcrumbs.webp

Regarding the breadcrumbs... I already addressed this at the end of my post here:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...olor-of-3-columns-in-pages.24619/#post-300590

Re: breadcrumbs.

The breadcrumbs are actually working correctly. My addon roots breadcrumbs to the node tab. To eliminate confusion you might consider hiding that category from the main Forums list by disabling this option:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> [click the category] -> Display in the node list

Regarding the alerts... I need more information. Can you tell me how to reproduce this problem on your forum? I am still registered there as jaketest.

This might just be confusion because the Spiritual Wealth Academy shows under the Forums tab as well as its own tab. Refer to the above quoted post of mine. If you disable Display in the node list for that forum then it will no longer shower under Forums which may eliminate some confusion. Then it will only be accessible through its own tab.

Ok I found the thread from your screenshot:

http://www.corefreedom.com/threads/hello.310/

You are correct... it is selecting the wrong tab. This looks like the same bug I fixed in the second release:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nodes-as-tabs-with-tab-selection.23295/

Versions: (attached below)
- NodesAsTabs110-3.zip (current version)
- - - added option for "mark read" link
- - - added option to enable / disable popup menu for secondary links
- NodesAsTabs110-2.zip
- - - fixed untabbed thread / post routes
- - - removed forced category pages in favor of a warning when appropriate
- NodesAsTabs110.zip

Please make sure you are using the latest version of my addon (currently NodesAsTabs110-3.zip) which can be downloaded in the first post:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nodes-as-tabs-with-tab-selection.23295/

oh, okay. someone had done that for me and I wasn't aware there was another release (thought I had your newest one). :-) Thank you so much.

I hope this is not a stupid question. But how do you know if an upgrade takes effect? I downloaded and moved your new version to the ftp folder (library) and the thread is still hooking onto to the tab.

That problem should go away if the upgrade is successful. The upgrade is two steps:

1) Upload the new files from the zip file.

2) Upgrade the addon:

Admin CP -> Home -> List Add-ons -> Nodes As Tabs -> Controls: Upgrade

Screen shot 2011-12-18 at 5.24.36 AM.webp

I can upgrade it for you if you want, but I will need FTP and admin access.

I so appreciate it, let me see if I can do this. I have to learn this sooner or later. ;)

So after going to add-ons and upgrade, which file do I select to upload? I tried uploading the 'addon-NodesAsTabs' xml file from my computer (the same file I uploaded through the ftp) but it gave me an error after clicking 'upgrade add-on.'

So after going to add-ons and upgrade, which file do I select to upload? I tried uploading the 'addon-NodesAsTabs' xml file from my computer (the same file I uploaded through the ftp) but it gave me an error after clicking 'upgrade add-on.'

Yep, you upload the XML through the upgrade form.

What was the error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom