XF 2.2 Node Quick Permissions for usergroups

MentaL

Hi

I'm migrating a vbulletin forum to Xen and I noticed I cannot find a way to quick edit permissions for nodes/sub forums. What is the best way? I have HUNDREDS of forums that need editing.

Root
- sub 1
- sub 2

I would like sub forums to inherit the permissions of the root per usergroup.

Thanks

Hi

It appears the child node is not inheriting permissions of the parent. Each child is set to inherit. My admin account is being restricted by example unless I manually allow the child in the permission for my usergroup.

parent
Xen_0.png

two child forums

1:
Xen_1.png

2:
Xen_2.png

child 1 i can view, child 2 i cannot.

FIXED:
the vbulletin importer set my primary group to registered and secondary to administrator. That was an odd one :)

Last edited:
As mentioned, XF is designed for all normal users to have registered as their base group, and any additional groups are cumulative, and for display purposes use the Display styling priority for banners and such.

Odds are it's something in your node permissions settings. You need to look in the parent nodes for those listed groups. You simply show the group node itself is set to inherit, but you don't show what permissions for the necessary node it's inheriting from (the root group).
Permissions/Groups in XF are one of the hardest things to wrap your head around, especially if coming from vB or IPS which tends to use specific individual groups for permission sets.

Top Bottom