XF 2.0 Node Permissions

D

Deleted member 745

Hi,

How do you change a node permission so Registered users can't post in XF2 as if I do this it wont work.

Group & permissions >> Node permissions >> Registered >> Post new thread = No or Never

I get as Administrator I don't have permissions.

Is the permission system different in XF2.0?

Thanks

If you set registered as no it will allow any group you set as yes to post never is legit NEVER if they are in the registered group and it's never admin premissions can't override the settings I use NEVER with one group for post moderation after x amoujt of warnings so they can't get overroded by the registered group

If you set registered as no it will allow any group you set as yes to post never is legit NEVER if they are in the registered group and it's never admin premissions can't override the settings I use NEVER with one group for post moderation after x amoujt of warnings so they can't get overroded by the registered group

^ I think this is correct. In your case you may want to try using never for that specific reason.

That may actually be where it comes in handy since it needs to override administrator.

So if I have Admin and Mods on Inherit and Registered on No or Never it wont work, as that's what its set on now?

In order to get it to work I'd need to set Admin and Mods to Post new thread = Yes and Registered to No as the staff groups are higher than the Registered so it would override the registered group unless the user isn't a staff member?

Hi
Similar problem for me
Some advice would be gratefully appreciated.
To my website all users must be registered which is primary group.
But i have a secondary group whom are selected few to access a particular node. Say Node A.
How can I restrict access ONLY to node A but keep the other nodes for registered users.

Thanks Mike and others
Now I understand being an admin how useful is reading the documentation/primer. First few sentences gave me an idea and then trial and error having 1-2 test members
Best signposting (y)
I would recommend to others
Its easy and straightforward once you know

Last edited:
Top Bottom