XF 2.0 Node Permission Change Error or htaccess?

INDE

When I go to change permissions, XF tells me I should check the browser console log. This in turn tells me that /admin.php is missing.(See screenshot) It's clearly not as I'm using the admin.php file to even get that far. I'm wondering if it's my .htaccess file. I'm always wary of editing my own htaccess file let alone those provided by others (in this case XF). I should note that this htaccess file predates my 2.0 upgrade and I've edited it to use PHP7 instead of my host's default of 5.6

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.webp
    Screenshot_1.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 28
It's not reporting that it's missing -- it's saying its throwing a 406 not acceptable error. This is almost certainly something like mod_security. Your host should be able to identify the rules causing the problem.

Ah ok. I will look into this. Thank you. I should also mention that I only get this error if I go:

Forums > Nodes > Permissions > change a permission and save > 406

but if I navigate Forum Permissions I immediately get "The requested page could not be found." and the console throws a 404

EDIT: 404 error has been fixed on my host's side. 406 error still persists.

Last edited:
I am having the same issue. @Fur did you resolve your issue?
I edited the .htaccess and disabled mod_Security, still facing the problem ONLY when editing Node permission.

Code:
<html><head>
<title>406 Not Acceptable</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Acceptable</h1>
<p>An appropriate representation of the requested resource /Xen/admin.php could not be found on this server.</p>
</body></html>

I had to contact tech support for my web host and they fixed the issue as it was in their security logs not mine. So you need to contact who ever hosts your site to get the issue fixed

Top Bottom