Resource icon

[Nobita] Image Optimizer for XF 1.5.x [Paid] 1.3.0

No permission to buy ($29.00)
Now that the addon has finished processing all images, the load and CPU are very low (back to normal for my server) while running the addon simultaneously on Xenforo sites.

The big hit is the first optimization process .. after that, works very well.

@Nobita.Kun - I rebuilt all attachment thumbnails to a larger size. Is there any way I can have the optimizer go back and re-optimize the thumbnails now that I have rebuilt them?

There's a "Rebuild Attachments File Size" in the Tools menu, but I don't know if it does what you want!

I'm not sure what that does either! Will wait for Nobita to advise...

I changed my "Attachment Thumbnail Dimensions" from 300px to 788px and then ran "Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails"

Now I'd like to optimize the new, larger thumbnails.

What would I look for on my site to know if this will help in performance or if I even need this optimizer.
Also, does this also work on Xenforo media gallery?
Thanks,

This may seem like a stupid question, but does this add on work on the fly for new attachments? Example, a user wants to attach a picture that is over the size limit specified. Will the add on step in and optimize the picture so it meets the size requirements? Making the upload seamless to the user?

This may seem like a stupid question, but does this add on work on the fly for new attachments? Example, a user wants to attach a picture that is over the size limit specified. Will the add on step in and optimize the picture so it meets the size requirements? Making the upload seamless to the user?
@Nobita.Kun Does its optimize xf post image? also style or other folder image?
Yes. It is working on any attachments (Existing, and New).

For style or other folder images. Sorry. No.

Additional Requirements:
exec PHP function enabled.
shell_exec PHP function enabled.

my Provider says that anabeling shell_exec would be a security risk and it would´nt be a good idea to activate it. If I carry the risk, he can activate it.

I have 500,000 attachments on the server and would like to use this addon

Does enabling shell_exec in php.ini always pose a security risk?

Last edited:
I installed the addon 5 days ago and it has only optimized a few pictures until today.

settings and logs
nobita-io-setup.webp nobita-io-log.webp

I have about 500.000 images.

Do I have to start the tool manually?
Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-20 um 15.41.09.webp

Top Bottom