1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 No Quote/Multi Quote Options

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by TDUBS, Sep 12, 2014.

1. TDUBS

TDUBS Active Member

As dumb as this may sound, I have no Quote or Multi Quote options even with the new highlighting feature, unless it has to be enabled somewhere in the ACP.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Check in a default unedited style with all add-ons disabled and all custom JS removed.
  3. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Isn't it on the right side?

Like / Reply, and Multi-Quote needs to be enabled.

Search: multiquote in the admin search
    Breixo and TDUBS like this.
  4. TDUBS

TDUBS Active Member

Right on. I don't know how I missed that especially when I was just looking through message options before posting this. Thanks!
  5. CFMack

CFMack New Member

My new Xenforo forum has no "quote" button in each post, just "reply." Do I need to enable this somewhere?
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The reply button is for basic quoting. If you want multi quote, that will need to be enabled in the options (it's not on by default).
  7. CFMack

CFMack New Member

Thanks, Mike. I just found it and enabled it. I tried it out, but a message appears at the top of the screen stating, "added to multi-quote." What does this mean? I apologize, on my old forum (phpbb) "quote" brought you to a new reply section, where you literally quoted another member's post.
  8. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The functionality you're looking for is simply the reply button. Multi quote is a helper for the situations where you want to reply to multiple messages. It adds a button to the quick reply area to insert quotes for the messages you chose.