XF 2.0 No previous version of the parent could be found. Merging is not possible.

KSA

Im not able to merge an outdated template forum_view after the upgrade. I get the error "No previous version of the parent could be found. Merging is not possible"

Did you literally just upgrade? This would usually indicate that the template had been outdated for so long that the history data has not been maintained and thus you will need to manually make changes.

What are the versions it's showing on the outdated templates list? What was the first version of 2.0 you ran on this site?

Nope I upgrade my board with every new release and I do merge templates whenever asked to. How can I find the versions on the outdated templates?

What versions are showing for this template in the outdated template list?

I will have to see if I can reproduce this, but without merging, the recommended approach is to make a note of your changes, revert the template and then re-apply the changes. This ensures that you incorporate the most recent changes.

This happened to me with my extra.less going from 2.01 to 2.02. And when I revert the template it still says the template is outdated. I had to manually delete everything in the template and then it was removed from the outdated templates list.

:)

Top Bottom