XF 1.2 No more email notification....

sylvain

Since this morning, members no more receive email notifications when someone replies to a thread.

Any idea?

Thanks

You will only have access to them if you are a on a VPS or dedicated server. If you are on shared hosting, you will need to ask your host to check for you.

No error in the server log.

I upgraded to 1.2.3 thinking it could solve the problem but I still have the same issue.

Conversations notifications work fine

I did more tests

All email functions in the forum work except for the watched threads and posts. I tried to unwatch and watch and it didn't solve the problem.

Anyone knows how the email notifications are sent?

Watched threads and conversations send their emails using an identical system, so it shouldn't be the mail sending. Are you sure you're watching the thread with email selected? If so, you would get an email whenever you get an alert for the thread.

If that's not happening, I would disable all add-ons to confirm the issue. This isn't something that I recall being reported elsewhere.

Yes, I'm 200% sure I'm watching the thread.

I have disabled all add-ons but still have the same problem.

Can this be something related to php.ini? Lack of memory?

Thanks for you support!

I just received an email from my hosting company. They are investigating on the issue. They have found why emails are not sent.

Their outgoing spam filter blocks emails sent by the forum. All emails are tagged as "Bulk"

Now I'll try to configure my email options in XenForo differently. Do you have suggestions? Here's how it is currently configured.

upload_2013-11-10_18-15-58.webp

Well you can send via SMTP if that's not blocked, but if your mail server is blocking the outgoing emails, that's what needs to be resolved.

Thanks Mike for your support, this is greatly appreciated.

I'm working on fixing the issue with my hosting company. Maybe I'll use Mandrill if they can't fix the issue.

Once again, thanks for your help!

We are having a similar Issue. Our Forum was launched the first of the year. The email notification system has been working fine for the past 7 weeks. However, starting 4 days ago multiple members starting complaining that they are no longer receiving messages. We are running Xenforo 1.5.2.

I have "logged in as user" with the complaining members' accounts and their preferences ARE set to receive email notifications.

If anyone has advice on what we can look for... please let me know.

Top Bottom