XF 2.1 No Forum blocks?

MediaSVI

I imported my forum into XenForo and when I goto to the forum there are no blocks on top of the parent Nodes, see picture.

How do I fix this, please?

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 2.49.43 PM.webp

Those appear to be forum nodes with no parent.

The doubled ones are confusing though as they are grouped.

Can you screenshot the node list from the ACP?

All of them are showing as forums are in the root with no parent - although some of them are indented, which is odd.

Are some of those supposed to be categories?

Which version of VB did you import from?
Presumably this is XF 2.1.8?

Can you also screenshot your VB set up?

I meant the configuration from the ACP in the backend - to see how the nodes were mapped.

You can create some new category nodes and move the forums into them - which will give the same result as we have on our forum - https://xenforo.com/community/

If all you want is the grey bars like in the screenshot above though, that's not something XF does out of the box - you would need custom styling to achieve that.

I have a theme installed the same one I had in VB

Even with the XF default them I have no forum blocks. I will try doing what you said.

Last edited:
I had the same issue with the doubled up ones etc.
I tried some CSS to fix it but in the end, I caved and created a parent 🤷‍♂️. Even though XF allows you to not have a parent, it's wonky w/o it. I wish they would address it.

Last edited:
I got it to work fine for my needs but it would be cool if they made it so when you make a Node Categories they would have an option to make it a dummy node just to display a node break.

although some of them are indented, which is odd.
Sub-forums are indented in the acp and if you don't have a parent they don't line break (or appear as a sub) like the others as seen in his first screenshot. The simply appear as a forum without a linebreak.

Ideally there would be no linebreaks and subs would appear as subs.

Top Bottom