Nintendo Realm - Gaming Community

eberkund

Nintendo Realm is a gaming community for Nintendo gamers but also has a couple general sections. Originally it was a MyBB forum however I've recently moved over to XenForo and tried to keep the look and feel somewhat similar. The site is somewhat active although not as active as it once was (hoping to change that). I am looking forward to hearing any feedback or recommendations people might have for my site!

www.nintendorealm.com

I'm sorry for the comment, but your site seems a bit. Um... "bland." Like, it looks like a normal xenForo installation.

I don't mean to hurt you, or insult you in any way.

No offense taken, constructive criticism is always welcome.

I'm pretty happy with the design, other than the header. I think once I change that up a bit it will make it look a lot different. I also wanted to stick to the blue and grey theme of the original site.

mybb.webp

I don't mind it, Xenforo's default look out of the box kinda looks like Nintendo's hardware with the soft whites and blues. Like you said once you maybe do something with the header and maybe a larger logo it will look nice. Nice work! :)

No offense taken, constructive criticism is always welcome.

I'm pretty happy with the design, other than the header. I think once I change that up a bit it will make it look a lot different. I also wanted to stick to the blue and grey theme of the original site.

View attachment 74222

If that's the theme you currently have setup, it doesn't show for guests.

No, that was what my site used to look like when I was using MyBB.

My main recommendation would be to spend some time creating a theme that's more tailored. The standard Xenforo look won't do very much to bring in users despite the content that you create.

There are quite a few themes here to choose from, and a lot of them have great framework that's not too difficult to change. Once you have that, you'll likely see an increase in guest registrations.

My main recommendation would be to spend some time creating a theme that's more tailored. The standard Xenforo look won't do very much to bring in users despite the content that you create.

There are quite a few themes here to choose from, and a lot of them have great framework that's not too difficult to change. Once you have that, you'll likely see an increase in guest registrations.
Pretty much what I think. :)

Top Bottom