Lack of interest NFT Avatars!

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Recep Baltaş

There I've said it! I know, I know... most of you hate NFTs but I believe it's that lack of following the trend that is killing forums. I demanded AMP support 5 years ago. Many have resisted but look how many bought the add-on and check out the success stories, including mine.

I believe forums need to evolve and we admins should follow the trend. You may not like it but it doesn't hurt to have the option. I don't own an NFT but why not provide this feature to our young users?

I would like to have official NFT support for XenForo avatars. If not, I'm willing to pay for an add-on.

Just my 0.2 ETHs ;)

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
They are image files, like any other.

Just upload one as an avatar.

What would "official NFT support for XenForo avatars' entail exactly?
The suggestion is unclear.

There I've said it! I know, I know... most of you hate NFTs but I believe it's that lack of following the trend that is killing forums. I demanded AMP support 5 years ago. Many have resisted but look how many bought the add-on and check out the success stories, including mine.

I believe forums need to evolve and we admins should follow the trend. You may not like it but it doesn't hurt to have the option. I don't own an NFT but why not provide this feature to our young users?

I would like to have official NFT support for XenForo avatars. If not, I'm willing to pay for an add-on.

Just my 0.2 ETHs ;)

That monkey avatar that's associated with that NFT that you paid $100,000 for is simply a .png file. XenForo already supports those as avatars. I assume that what you want is to be able to upload verified NFT avatars like Twitter just implemented.

That said, I fully support this suggestion and would also like to have an option to auto-ban/auto-discourage anyone who adds a verified NFT avatar to their account.

That monkey avatar that's associated with that NFT that you paid $100,000 for is simply a .png file. XenForo already supports those as avatars. I assume that what you want is to be able to upload verified NFT avatars like Twitter just implemented.

That said, I fully support this suggestion and would also like to have an option to auto-ban/auto-discourage anyone who adds a verified NFT avatar to their account.
I fully support this notion. And feel like this would indeed be a feature that'll be very popular with the young'ns. A feature that I myself can even see the real value in to invest some of my own money into to keep my forum clean from any funny monkey business that might infest it.

The best invention since soap and forum Captcha's.

Xenforo will never build such a niche function inside their core. Try to reach a developer if they are interested to develop a Metamask bridge + Open Sea bridge + Avatar System alà Twitter or soon Instagram. For now even the Twitter system is unfinished, everyone can mint an NFT and use it in their avatar. So there is no way to distinguish a Golden Monkey OG or a Fake Golden Monkey. People already asked only for "verified collections in pfp" so more often than not pictures with associated value of 1 ETH (2000$+).

The resultant addon is really complicated, and Open Sea API's often go down and the entire system vanish for a little bit of time even on Twitter. And the NFT "maniacs" are actually a small niche of people, realistically no one even remotely is interested to spend 300$ to 3000$+ on a jpg that you can only verify if you pay Twitter Blue or on a small forum.

Wait before the dust settles down and the NFT craze dies out a bit...yes trends are cool, sporting a "different avatar shape" in your forum can be really "interesting" but you can build the same thing without NFT's having a little bit of immagination, and maybe monetize it too (and making things affordable, environment friendly etc).

And as you can see people are really critical about NFT's and NFT's implementations, me too, but i always try to keep things civil and discuss for the better of everyone involved, myself included, better wait for a reputation and business perspective.

A lot of our users already have NFT's (even cheap ones) and they id like to have a "Collectibles" tab in their profile or sporting one "verified" by our forum platform, because they use our forum to talk about projects and such. But we are waiting, because building something on a thing so "volatile" is more often than not a waste of time.

Top Bottom