News Feed and Recent Activity

glorify

This was meant to be a general discussion, but it may turn into a tweak or suggestion thread.

I kind of like these features, but I find myself not using them. Do you use them? If you don't, what would make you use them more often? Should they be presented differently? Placed more prominently? Just curious how/if my members will use them.

Since I don't currently have a CMS or anything in front of the forums, I am using the Recent Activity as my 'Home' page. Under the settings, I plugged in the recent activity url as my home and it will work well until I can decide which way I want to go with the rest of my site..

Jamie

Since I don't currently have a CMS or anything in front of the forums, I am using the Recent Activity as my 'Home' page. Under the settings, I plugged in the recent activity url as my home and it will work well until I can decide which way I want to go with the rest of my site..

Jamie

Interesting Jamie. Did you edit the Recent Activity page or add anything to it?

That may be an interesting way to have people participating in conversations and visiting profiles, etc. But, the page as is seems to be lacking a little something. Maybe add a slideshow or slider to the top of the Recent Activity and use it that way.

I didn't add anything to it, although I did think about it. I was getting close to a move from New Hampshire to North Carolina, so things with the site got put on hold until just recently.. I am just starting now to rethink what, where and how I want to handle the site.

It does work well though, even if bare if you don't have a home page per sec... I think it does keep the members pulled into things, discussions they may miss while viewing the site any other way.

This is some of the reasons I moved over to XenForo... I had been asking for an activity stream in vB and then in IPB and everyone said it was almost impossible... it would use too much resources... etc.. Kier and Mike figured out a way to make it work and with that, it showed me that they were/are going to make the best forum script available.

Jamie

Top Bottom