1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New xenforo buyer

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Magestic.net, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Magestic.net

Magestic.net New Member

hi,

i have domain http://magestic.net and i want to start a xenforo forum on it. i have a question:
    i saw on some forum that a person was selling a license and has written "it will expire on ****", will the license really expire, means will i have to renew the license if expired and for how much?
    thanks

2. 3rd AnGle

3rd AnGle Well-Known Member

The license is valid for one year.. post that you need to renew by paying $40 for a year (i don't know if this (renewal fee) has changed though :D)

<*edit: renew only if you want updates and support*>

3. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Renewal is $40 for a further 12 months access to updates.

vVv likes this.
  4. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

No you don't have to renew it,you can use it forever.
    Upgrades to it and support will expire in one year.

Kim, vVv and 3rd AnGle like this.
  5. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

Since there have been no new updates in over a year, why would anybody want to renew? Seems as soon as Xenforo gets the lawsuit settled and releases a new version then they'll get a whole batch of software renewals.

KozmoK likes this.
  6. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Some like to still renew because that money goes towards helping to pay for their defense, I think.

pjfry, Kim and Mrs.T like this.
  7. Morgain

Morgain Well-Known Member

You can continue to use a licence you buy - for ever.
    There is one restriction on buying a used licence. It can have only one previous owner. So check with XF before you buy.

If you do not renew you can still get very good support on these forums.

As Onimus says some people pay for renewal to support XF.