******* - New Users Welcome [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I already told you btw that I am not familiar with that other add on so I can not compare my mod with another one that I know nothing about.

This reminds me of when vB developers say they do not look at IPB (for instance) when considering their featureset. I believe this is ridiculous. Anyway... You can still see the add-on description at http://xenforo.com/community/threads/nuns-new-user-notification-system.33477/

This add-on allows you to create a welcome thread, welcome post, and/or welcome profile post.
It's also possible to start a welcome conversation and to send a notification mail to your team members about the new registered user!

And please - I offer my apologies for any strong words I may have typed earlier Borbole. I most certainly appreciate you offering such functionality to the community, whether a paid OR free option. So thanks for your efforts.

If I may... I did note a couple bugs with the Ragtek NUNS. The most important one is that users registering from Facebook (as well as Twitter & Google when Social Network Authentication is installed) would not activate the add-on. So neither welcome thread, welcome post or profile post would be created. The welcome conversation or the team members notification email functionalities didn't work either for Facebook, Twitter and/or Google members.

My concern here: If you add the additional functionality which Ragtek has in his add-on, as well as fix the social networking bug I posted above ==> I personally wouldn't give a dang if you charge $10 for the add-on ==> I'd purchase it.

Any plans to do so?

Thanks,

J.

Reactions: HWS
It never posts welcome message to user profiles whose username is followed by number e.g. ituner25.
Where is the settings to do this? From what I can see of the Add-On's description and it's option, there is currently no functionality to post messages on profiles, only send a conversation and start a thread ???

When defining the text for sending a conversation (PC), I would to have available the URL for the thread that was created (if selected) so that the conversation/PC can direct the user, with URL, to the thread that was created about them.

taylor_smith said:
[...]the addon began creating new threads and sending private conversations, even when these functionalities were disabled. Worse, it was creating new threads and starting new private conversations for not only new users, but also users who had been registered for over ten years

Confirming the above (from the Add-Ons review) and cannot agree with the author's response to the review. I installed yesterday and have the same issue of new threads being created and conversations being sent to users that have been registered for a long time. Multiple welcome threads also being created for the same user(s). Many more users registered for a long time having reported receiving conversations. This Add-On is appears very buggy (and the result very embarrassing).

Welcome.webp

I have immediately disabled the Add-On.

Author: Please contact me if you require information to fix. If it's fixed quickly, then OK. Otherwise I too will seek refund for what is a drastically buggy Add-On.

Where is the settings to do this? From what I can see of the Add-On's description and it's option, there is currently no functionality to post messages on profiles, only send a conversation and start a thread ???

He means the other addon. But I plan to add that feature as well.

When defining the text for sending a conversation (PC), I would to have available the URL for the thread that was created (if selected) so that the conversation/PC can direct the user, with URL, to the thread that was created about them.

I like the idea. I will see if I can include it in the next version.

Confirming the above (from the Add-Ons review) and cannot agree with the author's response to the review. I installed yesterday and have the same issue of new threads being created and conversations being sent to users that have been registered for a long time. Multiple welcome threads also being created for the same user(s). Many more users registered for a long time having reported receiving conversations. This Add-On is appears very buggy (and the result very embarrassing).

View attachment 37991

I have immediately disabled the Add-On.

Author: Please contact me if you require information to fix. If it's fixed quickly, then OK. Otherwise I too will seek refund for what is a drastically buggy Add-On.

This is a very strange issue. I have never encountered/reproduced it. Do you mind to give me ftp and admin panel access so I can check the issue live for myself in your server/forum environment?

Regarding the part that it sends pm to users who are already registered my mod does not do that because it comes in action only for users who register and it does not affect the current users.

The mod has been updated.

If the registration method has been set to Direct Registration then it will send the welcome pc and start the welcome threads immediately after the user has been registered.

If the registration method has been set to Enable Email Confirmation instead, then it will send the welcome pc and start the welcome threads only after the user has activated his/her account from their emails after they have been registered at your forum.

It should not affect the current users in any way, shape or form.

borbole updated New Users Welcome with a new update entry:

Registration Method Welcome Notification.

If the registration method has been set to Direct Registration then it will send the welcome pc and start the welcome threads immediately after the user has been registered.

If the registration method has been set to Enable Email Confirmation instead, then it will send the welcome pc and start the welcome threads only after the user has activated his/her account from their emails after they have been registered at your forum.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Regarding the part that it sends pm to users who are already registered my mod does not do that because it comes in action only for users who register and it does not affect the current users.

So it must have been something else, not your Add-On, that has sent conversations to long time registered users welcoming them, with the exact same text as defined for your Add-On, to the site beginning at the same time as your Add-On was installed?

Instead of starting a welcome thread, how about auto replying with a welcome post to a thread starting in a certain forum? I used a very similar add-on to yours, but the problem I had with the welcome thread that 90% of the time the user never even responds to the welcome thread and the thread is useless.

Thanks!

The mod has been updated.

After all the problems with the previous version, is this new version working for anyone properly?

Since installing the latest version, I've had 1 new user thread created. I check the join date for this user, and it was Jan 2006!
I check my newest registrations ( /admin.php?users/list&order=register_date&direction=desc ) and have had several new registrations (all with state of valid, so they have passed email confirmation) since upgrading to the new version, and not one of them has had a new user thread created.

After all the problems with the previous version, is this new version working for anyone properly?

Since installing the latest version, I've had 1 new user thread created. I check the join date for this user, and it was Jan 2006!
I check my newest registrations ( /admin.php?users/list&order=register_date&direction=desc ) and have had several new registrations (all with state of valid, so they have passed email confirmation) since upgrading to the new version, and not one of them has had a new user thread created.

The new version works fine. I replied to your pm as well.

But like I asked you before, I would need admin and ftp access to check the issue that you say that you have for myself directly at your forum.

Hi, just a question before I buy: Is there the option to automatically leave welcome Private Conversations when they're sent? I'd want to set this up so that new members with questions could just reply to the PC to get through to me, but I'm not sure I want several hundred useless PCs in my inbox per day :D

Hi, just a question before I buy: Is there the option to automatically leave welcome Private Conversations when they're sent? I'd want to set this up so that new members with questions could just reply to the PC to get through to me, but I'm not sure I want several hundred useless PCs in my inbox per day :D

There is no such option but it is very easy to add, only a line of code. If you buy the mod I can pm you the change you need for that or you could also have the conversion locked. Like that they won''t be able to reply to the welcome pc too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom