New users can't register

Diana

Ever since I moved the forum from the test site to the permanent domain I've encountered innumerable problems.

The most serious one at the moment is that new users are unable to register. I've tested this
and what happens is the user gets a confirmation email, but when they click the link it tells them
"Your account is currently awaiting confirmation." Six hours later, no confirmation. I've had to confirm
manually.

I have "Enable Registration" and "Enable Email Confirmation" set in options > user registration.

There are other problems, but I'll take one at a time.

Can you post the activation link that isn't working?

I am guessing your URL is wrong:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL

I've suspected this might be the problem.

The test board was an addon domain at my other site -- listed as domain.com/domain.com. When I moved it to its permanent domain I used
/forum/index.php and redirected the URL for the domain to the forum (I wanted to leave the domain.com free for the home page which I will be developing). I'm just wondering if the index.php part is wrong, or maybe something else I simply don't understand.

It all worked fine on the test board, so something definately went awry in the transfer.

Still the same problem when I try to confirm registration.

Your account is currently awaiting confirmation

Now I'm wondering something else. I registered with a new user name from my office computer. Now that I'm using
my home computer it may not recognize the IP as an original. Could that have something to do with it?

Still the same problem when I try to confirm registration.

Now I'm wondering something else. I registered with a new user name from my office computer. Now that I'm using
my home computer it may not recognize the IP as an original. Could that have something to do with it?

I'm counting on you Jake, cause you "probably know the answer" ;)

Top Bottom