Resource icon

New User Team Mail 1.1.1

No permission to download

Dan

This looks great! (y) I'll certainly give it a try later today... BTW, do you think you could add in usergroup support?

This looks great! (y) I'll certainly give it a try later today... BTW, do you think you could add in usergroup support?

We could, but I don't see the use of this ;)
You can enter the users manually, so you can add all the users of a usergroup manually. You will never send a mail to more than 10+ people

After a second thought, it's a little more complicated than that, depend on who the registrant is, a different usergroup might be informed etc. Do you happen to possibly take on custom work in this area(user registration, verification etc.)? If so, I'll PM you with a little more details. Thanks!

I just did a quick test, in the email sent to the team, the profile link does not seem to be clickable? It would be nice if it can lead you directly to new registrant's profile page with a simple click.

Overall, great job!

I just did a quick test, in the email sent to the team, the profile link does not seem to be clickable? It would be nice if it can lead you directly to new registrant's profile page with a simple click.

Overall, great job!
It should be clickable
2-png.45744

After a second thought, it's a little more complicated than that, depend on who the registrant is, a different usergroup might be informed etc. Do you happen to possibly take on custom work in this area(user registration, verification etc.)? If so, I'll PM you with a little more details. Thanks!
Please send the pm and we'll see if we have time and resources for this;)

I have tried an it does send the email to the admin
It should send also an email to the user to inform him that his registration is now complete and that now he can use the forum but does not seem that this mail is sent.
Is it so?
Thank you Mauro

I installed the add on, added a couple of moderator's usernames and then went through the registration process for a new user. No emails. Any troubleshooting tips?

I installed the add on, added a couple of moderator's usernames and then went through the registration process for a new user. No emails. Any troubleshooting tips?
Any messages in your ACP error log? /admin.php?logs/server-error

No. No errors are logged. Just fails silently. It appears to have installed without incident. The text input box is there at the bottom of options > user registration. No errors installing. No errors using, just no emails when new users register. I hasten to add that this board is not yet "live". It is up on the internet on my hosting provider but we have not yet announced its availability to our users and, thus, all "new" registrations are done by me and the three mods.

Do you know if the other xenforo mails like the conversation notification or user confirmation work?

Conversation notification and user confirmation both work. The new user registration that was used to test the add-on generated a user confirmation email. Also conversation email notification has been working all along.

Just got a Microsoft Surface Pro and using the Windows 8.1 Mail app, the new user email that I get doesn't have the address to the new user's profile as a clickable link...works ok in Gmail and Outlook.

Any thoughts on how I can overcome this?

Is there a setting perhaps to enable/disable html and or links? I don't have the means to test this so not sure why that would happen

Is there a setting perhaps to enable/disable html and or links? I don't have the means to test this so not sure why that would happen
The new user email notification has a clickable link to the site which works ok but just the text to their profile has lost its clickable link...all works ok in outlook, gmail, on the phone, desktop etc...its strange

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
Top Bottom