New User Restrictions?

AFP

I have just recently upgraded a phpBB3 forum to xenForo and one of the things it had issues with was User Ranks. Everyone besides myself is a 'New Member', and therefore are restricted to certain things like not posting attachments.

I was unable to locate where in the settings this is handled, and I guess I couldn't find the right search terms because Google wasn't any help with this. If someone could explain where these settings are I'd be greatly appreciative.

I also have one user who is having some very strange issues. He has a thread where if you view it and refresh the page it will log you out of xenForo. Another user came to me saying this was happening in the bugged users thread, and it was happening to me as well. I can't do anything to the post because any time I view the page I get logged out. This is most definitely not an XSS attempt as I know the bugged user and they would not do anything like that.

Any help anyone could offer with this would be appreciated, because as it is now I'm stuck and am completely at a loss for why this is only happening to one user and only that one thread does that.

I'm afraid it's not public...I was hoping you wouldn't need access. Does default xenForo come with 'new user restrictions', so that 'New Members' have limited capabilities? I have disabled trophies/points/ranks if that makes any difference.

I have just recently upgraded a phpBB3 forum to xenForo and one of the things it had issues with was User Ranks. Everyone besides myself is a 'New Member', and therefore are restricted to certain things like not posting attachments.

I was unable to locate where in the settings this is handled, and I guess I couldn't find the right search terms because Google wasn't any help with this. If someone could explain where these settings are I'd be greatly appreciative.

Those user titles are based on trophy points. Trophy points are handled by a cron that runs every hour, but it only processes recently active users (logged in within the last 24 hours). So after an import the users won't get new titles until about an hour after they first log in. Just tell them to wait. :)

The trophy points and user titles have nothing to do with forum permissions unless you have setup a promotion based on that criteria:

Admin CP -> Users -> User Group Promotions

I also have one user who is having some very strange issues. He has a thread where if you view it and refresh the page it will log you out of xenForo. Another user came to me saying this was happening in the bugged users thread, and it was happening to me as well. I can't do anything to the post because any time I view the page I get logged out. This is most definitely not an XSS attempt as I know the bugged user and they would not do anything like that.

Any help anyone could offer with this would be appreciated, because as it is now I'm stuck and am completely at a loss for why this is only happening to one user and only that one thread does that.

That is very strange. See this post for some things you can check:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/keep-logging-out-of-xf-with-chrome.22968/#post-286837

Top Bottom