XF 2.1 New user cannot register... and cannot save user in ACP

Sonnie

We just moved to a new server and I noticed there are no new users since, and we normally have 20-25 per day. I tried registering and the Submit button does nothing. I also tried changing the email address of a user and cannot save it. I can save other settings for the user, but not the email address.

It apparently has something to do with email... or so it seems. I unchecked all the Stop Forum Spam settings, but that has not helped.

Would everyone trying to register need to check the console of their browser? It's been almost 24 hours and no one has registered... there is an issue no doubt, as we have never been 24 hours without any new users.... not ever.

I saw that... but there shouldn't be any issues with forum settings, etc. It was all working just fine on the old server... none of these issues. The only change we have made is to the new server, so it has to be something on the new server. Supposedly they copied all the server settings the same, but something is not right. I am having them check it out, but just thinking maybe someone here might know what it could be on the server causing it. Or maybe something in copying the files incorrectly, etc. Dunno.

Ensure that PHP version on both server should be same. Cache issue can exist. And please also check .htaccess file if you changed then try it to with default .htacess file.

If you don't mind can you paste the link of your forum?

PHP is the same... latest version... and .htaccess has not changed, unless the host changed it for some reason. Not sure about cache... maybe they will figure it out.

What i have observed your reCAPTCHA not loading. So when fill all fields and click on register button it show me error of reCAPTCHA.

try it with following code in config.php

$config['cache']['enabled'] = false;

We have Redis enabled... would this have anything to do with it?

Also... would this have anything to do with not being able to change the email address and save it in ACP?

We have Redis enabled... would this have anything to do with it?

No, i don't think it making problem.

Have you try with cache disable by
$config['cache']['enabled'] = false;
if still not then try to disable all addon by
$config['enableListeners'] = false;

and last try to check with default theme . I hope you figure out issue by above steps.

This has been resolved... and in case anyone else has this issue... with our old server we had the following lines in .htaccess... and I have no idea why, as I did not add them. I am guessing our hosting provider added it for some reason, but they did not seem to know about it. Either way, with the new server it was causing a conflict:

Code:
<IfModule mod_expires.c>
    ExpiresActive On
    ExpiresByType image/jpg "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 3 hours"
    ExpiresByType application/pdf "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType text/x-javascript "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 year"
    ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 month"
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
   <filesMatch "\.(js|css|html|php)$">
       SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
   </filesMatch>
</IfModule>

I would really like to know what this is... why we would have needed it.

They are setting caching expires for those extensions and also compressing others. Should never cause issues with registrations, I set expires and compress everything too with no issue.

Top Bottom